A blank template
for a 4-color business cards is available for download
We accept files
from Adobe InDesign.
here for very important notes on color.
- "Color settings" in all Adobe programs should be set to "North American Prepress 2" when designing for offset printing.
- Create a new document
with the dimensions of the final page size. ie. 3.5" x 2" for business cards.
- For multiple sets of business
cards or postcards, use only one document and place each set on a different
- If you have bleeds, extend them beyond the edge of the page by at least 1/8".
- Use CMYK process colors instead of RGB or spot.
- For larger black areas, set the color for the black as follows: C=40%, M=40%, Y=20%,
- Export a PDF using "Press Quality" PDF presets with a modification on the "marks and bleeds". Select crop marks and add 0.125" to the bleed fields (if you have bleeds). Don't select "Use Document Bleed Settings".